Loctite SI 587 is a metallic blue, thixotropic oxime silicone paste used for gasketing and sealing applications in plant maintenance and various sized OEMs. As a formed-in-place gasket/sealant, it has been designed to give outstanding performance in typical automotive gasketing applications. This product is typically used in applications up to +500 degrees F (+260 degress C).
- Excellent resistance to automotive engine oils and adheres to a wide range of substrates.
- Excellent adhesive for bonding and repairing fabricated silicone gaskets.
- Used in applications up to 500 °F (260 °C)
- Thixotropic (Materials that are thixotropic have a time-dependent, shear-thinning viscosity. In other words, as the material is placed under stress to flow, the longer the stress is applied, the lower the viscosity will be)
- Enhances load bearing & shock absorbing characteristics of the bond area.